2015 Victorian Country Winter Squad Challenge:
The Bendigo Tennis Association will co-ordinate a Winter Squad Challenge series, involving squad teams from around regional Victoria. The challenge series will run from May through to September with one tournament per month on the nominated Sunday’s. The best performing players from across the series will be invited to the Finals event held on Sunday 13th September.
The outline for the series will be as follows:
- Squads to submit a listing of players (40 players max, 10 player’s minimum) by Friday 17th April. The listing will contain all players who are expected to compete during the series.
- Each squad will list their grouping preference and a 2nd preference, based on the dates outlined below.
- There is no limitation on how a squad is grouped, ie a squad could be regional representation, Association, Club, Town, Coaching Group, etc.
- Players can enter age groups of 10, 12, 14, 16 and 18 and under, with age restrictions taken at the end of the month for each tournament.
- Each tournament will be capped at maximum of 130 players, to ensure that matches can be played within the designated timeframe of 9.30am – 3pm.
- Each age group will run as a round robin (minimum of 3 matches per player), with an elimination style finals held, if required, to determine the winners of each age group.
- Each age group will have an A and B level, separating players on their level of ability and experience, ensuring that all players get competitive playing opportunities.
- Trophies will be presented to the winner and runner up in each age group at the conclusion of each tournament.
- All matches will be played at the Bendigo Bank Tennis Complex.
- Challenge Dates:
- 24th May
- 14th June
- 26th July
- 23rd August
It is anticipated that each group will contain approximately 2-3 separate squads, or around 70 players. 2 groups will compete on each challenge date, ensuring players get a variety of different competition across the series. Players can only be a member of one squad group.
Finals:The Finals will be conducted on Sunday 13th September, and involve the best performing players from each of the previous tournaments. Players must have played at least 2 of the Squad Challenges to qualify for the finals.
All stars Tennis will be taking kids over to play in the team challenge.
If you interested in playing register below :